What is a Transport Statement?
Transport Statements are used in support of planning applications to identify the transport issues and benefits associated with a proposed development. The Transport Statement will be used by the Highway Authority to determine whether the impact of the development on transport is acceptable. When we produce a Transport Statement in support of your planning application, it will typically contain an appraisal of the following issues:
- Existing site and local highway network conditions.
- The accessibility of the site by public transport and local walking and cycling facilities.
- The transport characteristics of the proposed development, such as the level of car and cycle parking and proposed servicing strategy, access arrangements and the likely traffic flows generated by the proposals.
- How the development complies with relevant national, regional and local transport policies.
- The potential transport impacts of the development.
Need a Transport Statement?